Joriens approach is based on the results of her personal experience with their own health and coupled it with a scientific background. She teaches her clients to work the natural systems of their bodies to maximise health and wellbeing. The blend of a scientific approach, a nutrition approach based on cooking and eating real whole foods, and personal success ties in great with the approach that we have here at ACLAÍ, and makes for great listening! After the chat with Jorien, I am going to share 19 different ways which you can improve your diet and nutrition starting straight away. Enjoy the show.
Interview questions and times:
(0:2.57) Do you think we are over-medicated today?
(0:3.48) A lot of information can be taken in about the macro-nutrient composition of foods these days but do we miss out on the social element of food?
(0:5.32) Is the cultural side of food/eating together (i.e. table manners, social aspect etc.) dying out?
(0:6.22) How do you find the ‘food world’ in Ireland + What’s the difference between here and the Netherlands?
(0:7.41) Quick-fire Round:
- (0:7.50) What advice would you give to a 10 year younger version of yourself?
- (0:8.16) Who is your inspiration? Soul Surfer (Film)
- (0:9.25) Story about surfing accident.
- (0:10.40) Whom would you love to work with in a professional manner?
- (0:11.27) What is your favourite thig about living in Cork City?
- (0:12.00) If you could change one thing about the city what would it be?
- (0:12.20) Do you have a favourite book?
- (0:12.35) Favourite inspirational quote?
- (0:12.48) What’s coming up in the next year for you?
(0:13.30) Vegan can be a polarizing term, what’s your opinion on it/ reason for choosing that lifestyle?
(0:14.37) Do you think people take up veganism on moral grounds?
(0:15.38) Conversation on the reasons behind veganism.
- Where do you draw the line on the moral benefits of veganism against the harmful side-effects of importing vegan produce?
(0:17.32) Case for eating locally sourced foods.
(0:18.15) Differences between availability of good quality natural foods in Ireland versus it’s availability in the big cities in places like America.
(0:21.00) Key points/advice on fixing diet.
(0:21.38) Discussing unrealistic short-term improvement promises (exercise crazes/hoaxes) and the stigma regarding the correlation of weight loss and health benefits.
· Facebook: DynamicNutritionCorkNutritionalTherapy
· Instagram: Dynamicnutritioncork
Find the 19 nutrition tips and more at:
Music on this podcast is by the band Kíla. You can check out the latest news from the Kíla crew on their Facebook page, and keep up to date with their latest tour dates on the official Kíla website. Check out both links below.