This is an all-time favorite. Typical Carb sources of rice, potatoes, oats etc. can get kind of bland, so switch it up and try some quinoa and chickpeas. As well as an excellent carb source they have a far greater protein content compared to the sources listed above. This dish would be a perfect lunch, or used as a pre or post workout meal.
- Can of Tuna Steak
- ½ cup of Quinoa
- ½ cup of canned chickpeas
- Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ an avocado
- ¼ bell pepper
- Red onion
- 1 handful of spinach
- Firstly rinse 1 cup of Quinoa.
- Cook Quinoa in bulk. 1 cup of Quinoa to 2 cups of water.
- Place Quinoa and boiling water in a pot, put on full heat and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for approx. 15 minutes.
- When all water is absorbed take off the heat.
- Fluff Quinoa with a fork.
- Chop up all salads.
Add everything together and enjoy.
This article is by Coach Shane Kingston. Sport and Exercise Scientist and Strength and Conditioning Coach at ACLAÍ.
For daily nutrition tips you can Follow Shane on Instagram by clicking here.