Feeling like a tasty, guilt free Sunday morning breakfast, protein pancakes are a must for you to try. I experimented with a few recipes for protein pancakes and found these to be the easiest and are made with ingredients you are familiar with so ye won’t have to be heading off to the shops.
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 scoop of whey protein
- Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons of Gluten free oats
- Splash of milk (almond, coconut, soya, dairy)
- Coconut oil
*flavour can be altered by using different essences such as almond or orange etc, spices such as ginger or changing the flavour protein powder used.
- Blend oats until they resemble a powder consistency
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend until a normal pancake consistency
- Add milk accordingly.
- Add one tblsp of coconut oil to a hot non-stick frying pan.
- Pour a small amount of the mix onto the pan.
- Once air bubbles appear in the centre flip the pancake.
- Repeat this until the mix is finished.
- This recipe should make 8-10 small pancakes about the size of your palm.
Stack them up and top with toppings of choice (yogurt, fruit, peanut butter etc)
Making these may take a small bit of practise but once you get it I can guarantee they will become a staple in your diet. Got to love the idea of healthy pancakes !!!!
This article is by Coach Shane Kingston. Sport and Exercise Scientist and Strength and Conditioning Coach at ACLAÍ.
For daily nutrition tips you can Follow Shane on Instagram by clicking here.