One comment I hear time and time again with people that are looking to improve their nutrition is that it is “bland” and “boring”. They are sick of plain chicken, rice and broccoli. I hope that from previous recipes I have shown you that eating healthy does not have to be in the slightest boring. So that being said I am going to give you one of my favourite chicken marinades that I stumbled upon one day through experimenting. It is amazing. Your chicken will never be the same again.
- 1 tblsp soy sauce
- 1 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup (anything sweet will do, stevia (lower calorie), honey, sugar etc)
- Minced Garlic ½ tsp
- Cut chicken breast into strips
- Pierce several times with a fork
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl
- Add chicken and stir
- Cover and leave in the fridge for a few hours ideally.
- Grill chicken under a high heat until cooked through.
Enjoy your new and improved tasty chicken guys. Thank me later.
This article is by Coach Shane Kingston. Sport and Exercise Scientist and Strength and Conditioning Coach at ACLAÍ.
For daily nutrition tips you can Follow Shane on Instagram by clicking here.