Thank you for your interest in ACLAÍ. We are always on the lookout for the best talents in strength and conditioning, and pride ourselves on the quality of our team
Please submit your CV to CAREERS@ACLAI.IE
ACLAÍ INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Each year at ACLAÍ we offer a limited number of places to promising coaches on our prestigious ACLAÍ internship program. Our internship program is undertaken on a voluntary basis as an unpaid role, ranging in length from 3 months to 9 months depending on the focus of the internship.
ACLAÍ is a specialist personal training facility in Cork that offers a unique health and fitness experience to clients who want to improve their health and well-being, and athletes who want to reach their peak. We have a strong emphasis on the science behind our training, nutrition, and also foster an ethos of continual education and research amongst our coaching team. Not only do we value our clients and their progress very highly, but we also value each member of our coaching team, and work hard to allow our team to continually develop professionally. The successful applicant will benefit greatly from a practical and a theoretical standpoint by coming through our internship process. Interns will receive one-to-one coaching as well as a unique insight into the inner workings of our unique business model. The ACLAÍ internship program is ideal for sport science students or recent graduates in search of an all-round learning experience in the field of strength and conditioning.
The ACLAÍ internship is based on developing a very high standard of service as a sport and exercise professional/ strength and conditioning coach. We are the only training facility of our kind staffed exclusive by University graduates, and take great pride in offering the highest possible standard of service to our clients. Undertaking an ACLAÍ internship will offer you invaluable exposure to this environment, as well as giving you practical experience with coaching, and a unique opportunity to learn from experienced coaches. You will have the opportunity to work with high performance athletes, squads, and clients with health and fitness related goals alike, thus giving you a broad range of experience.
As an ACLAÍ Intern, you will be a part of a growing business and a friendly team, and you will also have the opportunity to build yourself a career. You get to work with the best clients in town, including some of Cork’s top athletes, and inspiring people who are on a mission to get fitter, and healthier. For an aspiring coach, this should mean that job satisfaction is at 100%! Further, you will be a part of a team with some of the top strength and conditioning coaches in Ireland and a fast growing startup.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS
All applicants are required to hold or be currently undertaking a third level sport and exercise degree qualification, or equivalent 3rd level qualification (minimum 2+ years of study completed)
- Have a very strong interest in strength and conditioning, personal training, and nutrition and a proven track record in furthering their interest in this area (e.g. courses, coaching experience, published works).
- Be confident in dealing with clientele of all ages and backgrounds and public speaking in front of small and large groups
- Show initiative and willingness to work as part of our sport and exercise science team#
- Be willing to learn and develop professionally for the full duration of the internship
- Strong computer skills, written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of social media platforms
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Be already based or willing to relocate to Cork for the duration of the internship – own transport is an advantage as hours of internship vary week to week
Applications are accepted year-round for ACLAÍ Internships. To apply for a place on our internship program, send a cover letter (1 page max), along with a copy of your CV to email@example.com making sure to include ‘ACLAI Internship Program Application’ in the subject line. We aim to respond to applications within 7 working days.